Rental Agreement Sample
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT -- Booking Date Property ID
Lessees: Tenant of City, State
Lessors: Property Owner of City, State
Property: Property Title, Address, City, State
Rental Term: Check In Time, Check In Date to Check Out Time, Check Out Date
7% Lodging Tax $TotalTax
Security Deposit $Security Deposit
Total $Total Sale
1. Payments To: Acadia Cottage Rentals by check or money order, mailed to the address below or online via PayPal (fees apply):
Agent’s Commission on total rent and fees, $00.00, will be deducted from proceeds prior to disbursement.
2. Maximum Occupancy: # guests, which may not be exceeded by occupancy or gatherings without Lessors’ consent.
3. Conditions: Lessees assume financial responsibility for damages or loss caused by negligence or deliberate abuse to the structure, furnishings, appliances, landscaping, recreational equipment and any other provided items or materials (wear and tear arising from reasonable and customary use and damage by the elements are excepted).
4. Pets: No pets are permitted unless specified in #14, below; the presence of unapproved pets is cause for immediate eviction without refund. Lessees are responsible for maintaining strict control of permitted pets, including barking, cleanup of any pet debris and for damages caused by pets.
5. Utilities & Supplies: Lessors will provide utilities appropriate to a property and warrant that systems and appliances are in working order; bed linens and towels, cooking and dishware, and initial supplies of necessities appropriate to the property (toilet paper, dish soap, etc.) are provided; additional, supplementary or optional supplies will be provided by Lessees.
6. Fires: No smoking is permitted in the residence; outdoor fires are permitted only in designated cooking appliances or containers designed for recreational fires, and Lessees will provide their own firewood unless specifically included as amenities.
7. Inspections & Repairs: After notification by telephone, email or other means, Lessors or Agent may enter the premises during daytime hours to examine and/or make repairs or alterations deemed necessary; in emergency situations such notice may be waived.
8. Habitability: If premises shall become uninhabitable or legally prohibited during the term of this contract, payments will be refunded pro-rated.
9. Cancellations: If Lessees are unable to take tenancy for any reason, reasonable efforts to re-lease the premises will be made by ACR and monies received through re-leasing, up to the amount prepaid, will be refunded to the original Lessees. If the cancelled term is not successfully booked to new Lessees, prepayments received under this contract shall be retained as liquidated damages and Lessees shall be responsible for paying any remaining balance due.
10. Risk & Liability: Risks, such as proximity to water, steep terrain and shorefront, use of equipment or other risks may be present; Lessees agree to assume such risks, to take reasonable precautions to prevent injury to themselves, minors, guests, or others and to hold Lessors and Acadia Cottage Rentals, Inc. harmless from any claims for injury and/or damage, to the full extent permitted by law, and to indemnify Lessors and Acadia Cottage Rentals Inc. from associated legal expenses. Please report unsafe or deficient conditions to Agent or owner promptly.
11. Quiet Hours: 10 PM to 8 AM; in addition, tenants will maintain peace and quiet suitable to the location of the premises at all times
12. Departure Instructions:
1. Used dishes, cookware and equipment washed and stored and counters and tables wiped clean.
2. Trash bagged and placed securely in containers (specific instructions on returnables, recyclables and trash pickup info may be posted).
3. Floors “broom clean” and moved furniture put back in place (note: avoid scratching floors or damaging furniture).
4. Used bed linens stripped and piled in the bedrooms and used towels/mats piled in the bathroom tubs--where laundry appliances are provided, start a load (unless posted otherwise).
5. Return keys to their original location and leave entry doors as they were on arrival.
13. Security Deposit: Refunded by check mailed 10 days after departure, less charges applied for extra cleaning, damages, early arrival or late departure (cleaning and early/late @$25/hr).
14. Additions & Exceptions: None.
15. Signed: Tenant Property Owner